Wool shopping in Wales...

I’m back and I have so much to write about. Wales was beautiful, the weather stayed sunny for the entire week and the cottage we had booked was perfect. First things first - wool shopping in Wales! Monkey and I are two of those people who good things just happen to - it's true. We will take a wrong turning get completely lost but find something better in wherever we turn up than what we had originally planned to do. On Thursday we decided to go to Fishguard and what should we see when we walked out of the car park… a wool shop. I really wasn’t expecting to see one so I was pretty pleased. And I’m not talking abut any old wool shop, it was like the wool shop of my dreams! They stocked EVERYTHING, the lady behind the counter was lovely and you could seriously spend hours (and pounds) in there. There was a café in the shop too, which served great food in a beautiful, modern setting and the girl who served us talked knitting - what more could you ask for? If you live in Wales you should definitely give them a visit (and try the coffee and walnut cake!). It is called Jane’s and the address can be found here.

What did I buy? The wool for Matilda Jane! I bought black and a sort of burgundy colour in the end as I felt it would be nice and autumny and I could see me wearing it to work with a smart black skirt (pleated or pencil?) and a pair of very high heels…

I will post later about the knitting I did on holiday as this is already becoming a bit long and instead I will end this post with some pictures from my holiday. By the way I would definitely recommend the cottages too - ours was beautiful, modern, well kept, with stunning views.



Sea monkey?Monkey enjoying the beach at Aberystwyth.


Steam trainI'll always be my father's daughter. A holiday isn't a holiday without a ride on a steam train!


Too beautiful to knit?A little taste of what I knitted on holiday...

11 comments:

nat said...

It looks like you had a beautiful time there. I can't wait to see your new sweater started. :)

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

sounds as if you and monkey had a great time. Look forward to reading about the knitting part of the holiday
amber in scotland

Unknown said...

My hubby and I love Fishguard and found a wonderful B&B with the best people to stay with! But they only had a tiny little yarn shop then....we have to go back now!!! I'm flabbergasted but we haven't been there in a year and a half...so things change. I think Hubby and I might have to ring the B&B and book a three day weekend soon!

That part of Wales is lovely anyway. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!

dreamcatcher said...

What a great holiday! The wool shop sounds wonderful, if we're ever in the area we'll definitely visit. I like the colours you got for Matilda Jane too, it will look fab.

noblinknits said...

I can't wait to see the Matilda Jane - it's such a great pattern.

Well done on finding a lovely wool shop.

José said...

I love it whe you find a wool shop out of the blue!! I did that too the other week :) Also i'm glad you had a great holiday!

T said...

It sounds lovely, and that shop is a find! Love the colours for Matilda and I'm intrigued by the ksh and beads.

Unknown said...

Ooooh, I'm going to have to investigate that shop next time I go down the coast. The colours you have chosen for Matilda Jane are gorgeous.

noblinknits said...

The wedding was between Barnstaple and Braunton, in a field overlooking the see. It was a bit wet and windy but only the soft southerners like me seemed to notice!

acrylik said...

Ooooh, looks like you had an amazing holiday. Wales is one of our favourite places to holiday, the cottage you stayed in looks beautiful.

I? said...

Thanks for a lovely message re: Keep & Share. You're very welcome. I discovered The Knitting Path and The Sweater of the Year by visiting your blog. Yeah, wool shopping in Wales is fun. I've done some of that this spring...